My Write Road - SL Baum

... MY WRITE ROAD - S.L. BAUM ... I am a mother, a wife, a former teacher, and a writer! Crafter, baker, taxi driver.......

Friday, June 3, 2011

Candy Wars - T-Bug's Review

Candy Wars: The Tooth Fairy vs The Candy King by author R.G. Cordiner
Review by Tristyn (age 11)

Candy Wars was a very interesting book. I liked the candy creatures the most. What I enjoyed about them was how unusual they were: chocolate archers, marshmallow soldiers, and icing sugar snowmen. I can picture them well in my head

When James and Emily go through a portal that appeared in their bedroom they find themselves in a mysterious land, there they learn different stories of who is the good guy and who is the bad guy. I found this was a very intense part of the story because James finds the Candy King’s land and Emily is taken to the Tooth Fairy Queen’s (the TFQ) land. There the two kids learn the wrong thing about the other land and start to become brain washed into thinking their sibling is a selfish tooth fairy or a greedy candy creature.

I enjoyed this book so much I have read it about 5 times and I was extremely excited when the 2nd one came out. I strongly recommend this book to readers who enjoy action packed fairy tales.


No comments:

Post a Comment