My Write Road - SL Baum

... MY WRITE ROAD - S.L. BAUM ... I am a mother, a wife, a former teacher, and a writer! Crafter, baker, taxi driver.......

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Book Report from the Black Lagoon - The Boy's Review

The Book Report from the Black Lagoon by Mike Thaler - Review by Ethan (age 8)

This book is about a boy, named Hubie, who can barely read (the book says "I'm a slow reader. It takes me three minutes to read a STOP sign.") and has to do a book report on a chapter book.

I like that the Black Lagoon books always have a cool cover and the boy in the book imagines silly bad things happening to him.

My favorite part of the book was when Hubie imagines an avalanche of words starting to come towards him. I didn't like how the picture on the front of the book was not anywhere inside the book.

That's pretty much it.

The Book Report from the Black Lagoon
No picture available

No comments:

Post a Comment