My Write Road - SL Baum

... MY WRITE ROAD - S.L. BAUM ... I am a mother, a wife, a former teacher, and a writer! Crafter, baker, taxi driver.......

Friday, February 12, 2016

How far can you stretch?

Is it just me or are we all overscheduled and overstressed?! We stretch ourselves in so many different directions.

I am a mom.

I am a wife.

I'm on the board of my girls' High School Orchestra Parent Organization.

I'm on the board of the East Valley Youth Symphony.

I have 3 kids that quite often need to be chauffeured.

My 3 kids are in 5 different music groups which means that some months we have multiple concerts to attend (for example this coming week - there are concerts on M, Th, & Sat).

It is birthday season (all 5 of us are in the first 4 months of the year)... and this year I have 3 milestone birthdays to make extra special. By the end of April I will have #1 who's turning 18 (ugh an adult child) - #2 who's turning 16 (ugh another driver to stress about) - #3 who's turning 13 (ugh another teenager - no more babies - insert sad face here).

We just did a renovation on our house and nearly 2 months later I still have workers coming in and out to adjust, fix, & finish the job.

I am a writer and I want to continue on with my next novel... but I find it quite hard to write when I am constantly being distracted.

Waaahhh... Yep... that's a sarcastic whine, because I have no sympathy for myself. This is life. This is what we all do. I'll find the time, I always do. Because when those concerts stop, I'll miss them. When I'm not expected to plan a big birthday celebration, I'll want to. When there's nothing to do, I'm usually bored. Okay, that that last part's not true, when there's nothing to do I'm usually reading and that's a perfect way for me to spend my time.


No comments:

Post a Comment