My Write Road - SL Baum

... MY WRITE ROAD - S.L. BAUM ... I am a mother, a wife, a former teacher, and a writer! Crafter, baker, taxi driver.......

Monday, July 29, 2013

Wow - I'm Lame!

I have this blog... I mean - it's here - I own it - I am the administrator of it, the author of the posts, and the one who checks it out every once in a while... my "while" has overextended itself.

Basically - I've ignored my poor blog. I've neglected it. I am a bad (lame) blog owner.

To be fair, I have been finishing a book. I tend to become all consumed when I am in the throws of a climactic scene. Oh wait... that sounds bad. I'll just say I was preoccupied. I know, I know, I didn't ignore Facebook. But I can give FB five minutes of my time and then walk away... Okay, that's a lie and we all know it. Once you get on FB you are sucked into a time vortex. Pictures of misspelled tattoos and cute cats and shamed babies are more than enough to keep me clicking on yet another link. FB is bad...

Oh hey - are you following me on Facebook? You totally should.

So, about this book I was writing... it is finished. The Eve of Destruction (The Immortal Ones - Book Four) is now available on Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords (I am still waiting on Smashwords to approve me for their "premium" catalog - which opens up iBooks, and Sony, and Kobo ect). Here is the cover... I love it...

Now I have another book to finish... the second book of my YA dystopian. So expect more lameness from me. I'm going to attempt not to be - but I make no guarantee. I gave that up years ago... when you say "I promise" to a child and then do not follow through it teaches you a lesson. So as a mom of three - I do not solemnly swear to make sure the blog is attended to on a more regular basis. As I say to my kids... "We'll see. I can't promise anything." But I'll try. I can always try harder!

I won't say I'll try my best, because only losers talk about their best, winner go home and do something with the Prom Queen... or so says Sean Connery in The Rock. I've seen that movie waaaayyyy to many times (I proudly proclaim).

 





No comments:

Post a Comment