My Write Road - SL Baum

... MY WRITE ROAD - S.L. BAUM ... I am a mother, a wife, a former teacher, and a writer! Crafter, baker, taxi driver.......

Monday, April 22, 2013

Website Overhaul

Overhaul - great sounding - labor intensive - perfectly accurate word...

So being an Independent Author comes with a few "perks" that the mega-cool traditional writers are somewhat exempt from...

I just had a new release... so that means that EVERYTHING must get updated... FB pages, Blog, Twitter account background (yeah - I just realized that I haven't done that yet), and my website. So I went to my website this morning - intending just to upload a pic and a blurb - but realized that some changes needed to be made... because I hit this little button that said "add columns" but what it really meant was "screw with the proportions of the columns so badly that your current layout will no longer work."

Then I decided that it was an old looking layout anyway and should be updated... thank goodness for pre-made templates on hosting websites because I found one that I thought was quite lovely and decided to go with that - but then I had to upload a cover photo (yeah - I know - I need to fiddle with it - no more time today) - and then I had to delete some stuff - and then I had to add some more - and then an HOUR had passed and I hadn't even realized it. I need to give it another couple of hours for tweaking - but I don't have that time today... sooooooo, yeah, well, http://slbaum.com is in the process of being updated and will soon look great :D

In the meantime you can still visit it... I'm thinking of adding some more interactive pages over there... who knows...

SLBAUM.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment