My Write Road - SL Baum

... MY WRITE ROAD - S.L. BAUM ... I am a mother, a wife, a former teacher, and a writer! Crafter, baker, taxi driver.......

Monday, June 14, 2010

My Novel - So happy to have it out there!

I wrote a book and let it sit in my computer for awhile. A collection of key strokes and imagination and hours spent in front of the screen. A few months ago I decided it was time I self-edited again (for the umpteenth time) and figure out what to do with it. Ta-daaaaahhhh (the clouds part and the heavens open) - I'm looking for books on amazon.com one day and see the tab for Kindle self-publishing. Hey! I could do that! So I did. I have read the text so many times by now that self-editing is probably not the greatest idea... but do I have the money to hire an editor? Not so much!

I upload the book, start a website, a FB page, a twitter page, design a Goodgle and a Yahoo Ad... I'm sure there is more I should do! Self-promotion of a Self-published work is an amazing challenge... but I'm up for the challenge. What else could I do? Blogging sounded like an easy next step. But, hey - no one wants to visit a blog every day to see how my book is going. And, I have so much more going on in my life than just the book. So, lets see where this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment